Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Freedom Bus is Warming Up

Yippee!!!  The divorce hearing has been officially scheduled for September 22.  It didn't take as long to get it rescheduled from Aug 30 as I thought it would.  I figured I would be waiting until Christmas.

Finally there is a light at the end of the nightmare tunnel.  I will be able to slam the damn door on the nightmare of the past 12 years and get back to living my life on my terms. Just the smell of freedom from TheColdOne makes me giddy.

I know that the hearing itself will be hard.  I have not had to look at the face of TheColdOne in almost 2 years which has been quite a blessing. The length of time is definitely a benefit for me - my heart and my head have had a chance to heal and it has allowed me to look back at the marriage with eyes wide open.  I am not looking forward to having to testify but I am not afraid of the truth so it will be easy.  I won't have to try to remember what answer I put down on my interrogatory since my answers were completely truthful.  Can't slip up if you don't tell a fib. I know that I will get teary - it's hard to admit that you were such a fool for loving such an absolute toad.

I'm going to have all my prayer warriors working hard that day to ensure that my heart and my head are focused and steady.  I know that whatever the outcome is, it is God's will - not mine or anyone elses.  I will just be grateful for the freedom. And I know someone else who has been looking as forward to this as I have - wink wink - and I ain't talking about TheColdOne. Hang tight - we're almost there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment