Monday, August 16, 2010

Yes Prayer Does Work!

Whew - I can finally take a deep breath.  My Mom's lymph node biopsy showed no malignancy just some microscopic changes.  As a precaution, she had a PET scan today.  The MD felt it was appropriate due to a needle biopsy only looking at a small piece of the node. I had forgotten but my Mom reminded me that Daddy's first prostate biopsy came back negative then several months later another biopsy showed up as positive. The Doctor was also concerned that she had so many symptoms indicating lymphoma.  She sees the oncologist tomorrow so he can look over everything to ensure nothing was missed.

So... my Mom and Dad are off to Alaska on Thursday with such light hearts and minds.  I'm going to be babysitting my "baby sister" - their cocker spaniel "bella". (They had her WAY before the Twilight phenom so she is not named after the movie character).  I am so excited for them.  It's so rare nowadays for a couple to reach the 50th anniversary milestone.  Heck I couldn't even make it past 15 years my first time around and only got through 10 with TheColdOne.

I am just so grateful that God has blessed us with this news. I know in my heart that He heard all the prayers and listened to those of us that love her.  She is a blessing and we need good souls like her around for a long long time.

God Bless You! And thank you so much for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment