Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Urgent Prayer Request!!!

I am very sad right now.  My Mom - who is not only my best friend but my ROCK - is very sick.  She has a biopsy scheduled tomorrow for a definitive diagnosis but has all the classic signs of lymphoma.  This comes less than 2 weeks before my parents were to leave on an Alaskan cruise for their 50th wedding anniversary.

When I got the news of the possible diagnosis I just sat in stunned silence.  This could not be happening - not now - not when my ties with my parents had grown closer than ever.  I can't make it without my Mom.  I'm not the only one - my poor Daddy is just beside himself with grief and worry.  He can't stop touching Mom on the shoulder or arm whenever he walks past her.  He even begged God to take him and not my Mom. It just about tore my heart out of my chest.

Mom is the absolute center of our family.  Whenever there is a crisis, we all turn to Momma - she may be little but she can take on the fiercest beast without batting an eye.  I can't even bear to remotely think of having to go on without her in my life.  I know that I will have to face that reality one day - even if this turns out to be a false alarm - but not now, not anytime soon.

But we're all going to have to put on our big girl and big boy underpants - now is not a time for weakness or wallowing in sorrow.  Mom has ALWAYS been there for us and now it is our turn to do the same for her. We're all very selfish and have spent our lives willing to let Mom do the heavy lifting in times of trouble.  We have to set aside our petty little problems and focus on her.  It's the least we can do.

In the meantime, I'm asking for everyone to send up prayers for my Mom.  I know that God's plan is set but prayer certainly will keep the focus where it should be right now.

Thank you for your concern and your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment